The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a male guppy a few weeks ago & it wasn't eating, so I thought, "Huh, it's still adjusting to the new environment. That's normal." However, I came home today and found my male guppy having trouble swimming and looks extremely dark, as in a whole loss of color. I accidentally squished his tail while scooping him out to move him to my quarantine tank, and I don't think he's gonna make the night. Is there anything that you suggest I do, like maybe euthanize him or maybe a medication to possibly help him? Need answers ASAP

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Any pictures? Hard to tell by the description you gave, could be anything from shock to disease to infection. If you must euthanize I've heard clove oil works. I've been told that and pulzerizing the head are the most painless methods. I hope things get better!

·
Banned
A ton of guppies, mystery snails, japanese trapdoor snails, ghost shrimp, & tons of plants in a 10G.
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's pictures of what I mean! He hasn't eaten in 3-4 days. I put him in this tiny tank for now because my quarantine tank just had some fish die the other day in them, so I'm re-establishing my tank first before putting anymore fish in there :(
Liquid Fluid Ingredient Drinkware Gas
Tableware Water Liquid Drinkware Stemware
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Amber Musical instrument Alloy wheel

He's still moving around, but looks like he's having a lot of trouble swimming around and won't even eat his favorite fish food flakes :(

I just euthanized it by freezing it. It's the most humane way I could think of that I could carry out.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so sorry 😞
No need to, he's in a better place now :( but I'm ordering some nice new male guppies to replace him so I have more unique color variants in my tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.