The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this piece of Malaysian wood.

I picked it up for only $64.99 +tax! I thought it was a steal! Even the salesperson said it might be miss marked. One 1/2 it's size was $60.00! This thing weighs around 30-40 lbs (or so, it is HEAVY!). I placed a 16oz water bottle in the picture to give something to compare the size.

This is one side on it's "back"

This is the other side

I think I will set it in the tank like this maybe?

This is the "back" of it

Good deal?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nice find, it is a deal for petstores. i collect my own now, so i forgot how expensive it is.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
nice i dont think a wood could weight that much if it did i think it would crash your tank lol i imagine lifting a 20 pound is it already heavy

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice i dont think a wood could weight that much if it did i think it would crash your tank lol i imagine lifting a 20 pound is it already heavy
I really don't know how much it weighs...I am only guessing. I will have my husband weigh it by standing on a bath-scale and holding it...all I know is it is a lot :biggrin: I can barely pick it up.

We are also going to drill holes into the back to reduce the weight...I will probably leave a few for fry and baby shrimp if I succeed in raising them, but I will stuff others with moss to fill them in. I can't wait to get started!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I think you got hosed. If and when my LFS does carry Malaysian driftwood, it's typically much cheaper. Like 8.99 for a 10lb piece.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ya i agree with the guy above me i have two peices they were one peice but the guy dropped it and they split in half he offered to sell them to me for 10$ each instead of the 20$ dw cap. they weigh 25lbs each. i do think you got alittle ripped off but its still a nice peice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts