The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang...

I bought 3 MTS last night for .15 cents each. A great deal, eh? LOL!

I also bought a pair of Bumblebee shrimp, put them all in the Cherry Shrimp tank. (Invert only, aside from a pair of fish fry that I still haven't identified...)

Anyway, all was going well last night, the bumblebees gobbling up the wafer I put in the tank alongside the cherries who were munching away as well. This morning I awoke to a tank full of shrimp (some new cherries that hatched last night) though I haven't been able to find the female bumblebee.

Sooo... I gotta ask probably a dumb question: Are trumpet snails known to eat live shrimp?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Rob! I'm certainly no expert - have alot of questions myself, but I've never heard of the trumpets going after shrimplets, don't believe they can move fast enough and they are herbivores I believe

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was at the LFS today and was thinking that next time I buy fish there, I'm simply going to ask for a few MTS. They have a few tanks that are rife with them and I don't think that anyone goes to the LFS to BUY them? Most people are worried that they might get them by accident. I already have a few, but they are growing very slowly and it may take a while for them to propagate.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, y'all... still no sign of the shrimp. Even checked the HOB filter who's outflow is under the waters surface thinking she may have climbed in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.