The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read and watched on Youtube the powers of the MTS and decided to add them to my 29 to consume brown algae and also to borough into my sand to keep it fluffy. I took a trip to my LFS and found some for free and got 8. To my delight I put them on the sand portion of my tank and they instantly started their magic- the ones who weren't eating brown algae and other garbage off my sand and rocks were boroughing into my sand for much needed rest (they had nothing to borough into at the LFS).
Go MTS!! :tongue:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, personal experience? If they get that out of hand I'll just wake up at night and remove a bunch of them... err we will see I guess. :bounce:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You wont ever truly remove "all" of them. Once they are in there, its almost impossible to remove them.

Its ok, I like them too!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diversity

I guess that is some insight to something I've been doing subconsciously with my tank: giving the most diversity to it than I possibly can. And when you see snails borough into your substrate to add to the chain of life it makes even the substrate come to life.

Next I'll add a bunch of Black worms to the tank and stick some food supply for them under the substrate to see if I could keep them reproducing for a substantial period of time.

I kept a few mussels alive for decent period of time but eventually they most likely starved to death for the lack of plankton.

Anyways, if anyone has some good ideas for non conventional invertebrates to add the tank lemme know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts