The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just want to share the process of acquiring the driftwood...execuse for my english ..lol

The swamp...

Poking the soil to determine the location

Further poking...

The dig...

One huge driftwood...

Transporting..

Cleaning...

Further cleaning..

Drying...

Storing...

Ready for export...

So, please appreciate more the driftwood, each pieces is nature art works. :D

Regards

·
Registered
429 Posts
These are all roots of fallen trees?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wow some of the peices in there are amazing.. never see anything that good at the LFS. Def makes you appreciate the peices more. too bad the guys that do all the work probably only get 5 cents on the dollar. if that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Where in Malaysia is this wood typically collected from? I'm in Penang and Kuala Lumpur on business fairly often. I'd love to cherry pick some top pieces out of a haul like that. The selection at my local stores is sparse, to say the least.

·
Registered
517 Posts
definately makes me appreciate it more. and here i thought it was just found in the middle of someone's back yard or something and sold for a high price. good to know there's a lot more behind it than meets the eye

·
Registered
845 Posts
I had no idea how MDW was colleted. Thanks for sharing! :) Those are definitely nice pieces. I wonder why so many of us don't see that kind of selection at our LFS??? Especially those branchy pieces!!!! I want some of those!! :drool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm guessing the middlemen involved in purchasing directly cut those pieces into further smaller pieces, until eventually the lfs get a sub-par selection as the wood has been cannibalized by everyone else further down the supply chain.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i'm guessing the middlemen involved in purchasing directly cut those pieces into further smaller pieces, until eventually the lfs get a sub-par selection as the wood has been cannibalized by everyone else further down the supply chain.
Sounds about right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts