The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you know those dip n' pour containers tht they hang on the side of the tanks when they get your fish and shrimp out of the tanks at the lfs? Yeah... I was thinking of making a breeder box/ refugum out of one of those, because my amanos are eating my baby CRS (I think). Could I hang it inside the tank and drill some holes/slits in the side? And put some mesh there?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Why don't you just buy a breeder box and then put some SS mesh or nylon over the slots to keep babies in.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yeah, they are great. I have a medium sized one filled with cory fry and they love it in there. I also raised about 13 endlers in there for about 5 weeks. The water turnover is pretty good with a decent pump so it's always crystal clear. I also put a small piece of sponge filter in the outlet notch to keep really tiny fry from swimming out.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
tuffgong, is that similar to the hang on breeder boxes sold in the powersellers forum?
Yup, I actually got mine from theshrimplab.com, but it was more expensive than the one at kensfish.com.

So are you running it air powered or with an actual pump?
A cheap petco air pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.