The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for this information, a few quick questions I would imagine I am not the only one thinking about...

1) Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate amounts are based on the amount of water not the mix right?
Example: Let's say I make a batch (I did) for 250ml at 1ml\10g but add enough RODI to bring it up to 500ml (Half Strength needs 2ml\10g).
For that I would require 0.25g Ascorbic Acid & 0.1g Potassium Sorbate based on a 500ml dose to treat the water and raise its ph and other stuff that we are doing with these correct?​

2) Should the MICROs really be 40g of CSM plus B and if I lower them do I change the amount of Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate as well?
The amount listed for 500mg is 40g CSM plus B. Everything about the amounts in this mix and the dosing tells me this is aimed at PPS-Pro users. I am switching to PPS-Pro from EI, nothing wrong with EI just not working for me right now. Well when I was looking up for my 1st batch (Before I found this post) I noticed they changed 2 things about the MICROs. First thing is the lowered it to 28.6g and they changed to dose to 0.1ml per 10g about 1/10th. I lowered mine based on that but kept the Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate the dose for 500ml​

3) Last, can I add my Iron to this and again do I change the amount of Ascorbic Acid & Potassium Sorbate from adding this? (Answer to #1 may nullify the 2nd part of this question)
Using DTPA Fe (10%)​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.