The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I started this tank about a month or so ago.
here is the link to the first part of it.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/nanos-large-aquariums-ponds/39776-maidens-first-planted-10g-tank-journal.html

looking at the pictures side by side now, I can't belive how much this has taken off!! I think I have gotten the basics down for growing plants, and now I want to aquascape it and use other better looking plants. In my spare time I will start to gather the hardscape (probably rocks) and will try to illustrate my designs.
here it is at its current stage:
2 female guppies and 1 soon to come male guppy ( the male guppy died while coming back from petsmart :mad: :( )
3 neon tetra
8 ghost shrimp

a decent pic out of a crappy camera

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am using the stock hood w/ compact 20w flourescents ( not spiral)/

thanks for the compliment! I am really eager to aquascape it. What plants would look good with the ludwigia and riccia?? I might get rid of the rotala.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update: I decided to go ahead an aquascape it without any new plants and this is what I have come up with:

I know something is missing but I don't know what. I think I need to cover the rock w/ something.. maybe java moss. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.