The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I saw this incredibly cheesy product listed on eBay and was intrigued. It looks like they are selling Kilifish eggs with hatching instructions in Chinese for kids to hatch on their own...

[Ebay Link Removed]

Not sure if the above link will be stripped, but if so, please go to eBay and search "magic eggs bff" and it will be the top link. There is an incredibly cheesy infomercial to go with them.

Has anyone hatched these before? What breeds are these really? I find it a little concerning that they are selling these eggs to kids and say they are suitable to just stick in a bowl with no filtration, plants, or heating of any type.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
0_o...I don't understand people sometimes. The bowls don't look like enough space for those fish. And oxygen beads? They look like water marbles to me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
they are definitely killifish, because the eggs can dry out and survive. probably a common one, but i'm not an expert on what those might be :). sad that they advertise it like that, but what can you do... it is china after all. they sell live turtle keychains, tattooed fish and dyed frogs...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not sure if the above link will be stripped, but if so, please go to eBay and search "magic eggs bff" and it will be the top link. There is an incredibly cheesy infomercial to go with them.
No, your post here is the first result. They are a bit far down on the list.

I like the commercial, especially the part with the mom "my kid really wanted a pet, so I guess I'll let him torture some killis to death in a tiny bowl that they could easily jump out of". The Engrish is great too, but I think the best part is the Q&A.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fish is weak and fragile. It is not easy to glow fish till they die naturally. I will feel extremely sorry if your fish pass away or eggs are not hatched, however please DO NOT LEAVE low-star rating or bad feedbacks on me (I am innocent :’( ) Please talk to me instead and I will try my best to help and comfort you
Yeah, the Engrish is really hilarious here...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.