The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a new tank and have a madagascar lace on the way which will go into it once it is ready. 10 gallon tank, amazonia substrate. Ph should be at 6 from my past experience with amazonia. I am using an aquaclear 50 hob. I am not sure what this plant wants with flow. I can use a single t8 or double t8's.

I'm looking for tips on how to succeed with this plant since ice read it has specific needs. Please Let me know what I can do to my current setup to make it work. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm a plant novice. I have two Madagascar Lace plants in each of two tanks. They grow in cycles going dormant for rwo to three months after growing for about six months. My tanks are low tech, par about 20, little or no ferts, flourite substrate. When they are producing I've seen new leaves grow 2-3" in a day and the flower stalk grow 6-8" in day. Most of the time they just are there and look interesting.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I hear a lot of mixed things about this plant, but I think if it has moderate flow you will be fine. I'd go double t8 though for a 10 gallon, give you medium light, although when I grew one like that it was also in a tank covered with duckweed.

I can tell you that it loves a nutritious substrate though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My experience with lace plants is they will get very large, possibly too large for a 10 gallon. Might be a reasonable grow out tank, but will soon be very large.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts