The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using Flourish Comprehensive and Excel. I am confused if I should be dosing Macros as well. I'm dosing Excel right now 4ml daily but might be making the switch to pressurize Co2. I have Nova Extreme 2xT5HO Model 78W that I keep on for 11 hours. Should I make a switch to something like this instead.

Macros:
N- 7.5ppm
P- 1.3ppm
K- 4.27ppm

Also would it be better if I switched from Flourish Comprehensive to something like this. Or is Flourish Comprehensive good enough?

Micro:
B- 0.09ppm
Cu 0.01ppm
Fe 0.50 ppm
Mg 0.11 ppm
Mn 0.14 ppm
Mo 0.0038 ppm
Zn 0.03 ppm
dGH 0.02

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What you could do would be to add aquariumfertilizer.com Macro/Micro mix w/ CSM+B, and continue with using Flourish Comprehensive. What this will do is provide the necessary N-P-K macro's as well as supply micro's. The Macro/Micro mix is basically macro and micro fertilizers mixed together with added boron, and then using Flourish Comprehensive will make sure your plants are getting the nutrients they need. Plus depending on your substrate, it will also add in enough extra nutrients for it to soak up and later release back to the plants.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Look at your system and see if all the plant nutrients are being added in something close to the right ratios.
Your system is lacking the macros based on the dosing you show us. Is it heavily stocked? Fish food can supply most of the ferts needed for a low tech set up, probably not yours, though. Are you adding substrate tablets or any other source of N, P or K?
Any liquid ferts are a bottle of water with a little fertilizer added. You are paying for shipping water.

I use all dry ingredients, and make my own Macro and Micro blends.
www.Aquariumfertilizer.com or others. Look at them all, and see who might have a package deal on the right amounts that you need.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my tank here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199048. It current stocked with:

Longfin Zebra Danio 5
Rainbow shark 1
Black Ruby Barb 6
Turquoise Rainbow 4
Twig Catfish 1
Julii Cory 6
Oto 3
Clown Pleco L104

With 10 more on the way to make it fully stocked. I use Osmocote Plus Tabs on most of the rooted plants. Other than that I dose 5ml of Flourish Comprehensive about twice a week. and 4ml of Excel daily.

That what I am reading about liquid fertizers that your paying for water but it easy to dose. Im trying to understand dry fertizers to maybe switch to that once the Flourish Comprehensive runs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts