The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Your photos are great! Nice, sharp and clean.
I have two suggestions you might consider which would really improve your photos to looking their best.
Try shooting your next shots or composing them while using the 'Golden Mean' and the 'Rule of Thirds' for the best composition.
And I would suggest that you dont add the blur effects to your border or name, Those effects really seem to degrade the photo. Try using just the black border and your signature in the same spot on every photo, small but easy enough to read and notice who shot the photo.
It will look more clean and better layed out giving your photography a much better look.
I hope this helps.

·
Algae Eater
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments, glad you like them!

cool shots dude. what glass?
Canon 100mm 2.8

Your photos are great! Nice, sharp and clean.
I have two suggestions you might consider which would really improve your photos to looking their best.
Try shooting your next shots or composing them while using the 'Golden Mean' and the 'Rule of Thirds' for the best composition.
And I would suggest that you dont add the blur effects to your border or name, Those effects really seem to degrade the photo. Try using just the black border and your signature in the same spot on every photo, small but easy enough to read and notice who shot the photo.
It will look more clean and better layed out giving your photography a much better look.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, Ill look into what you suggested. The composition is my next step. I was just working on getting sharp photos whatever the cost!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Nice Bigstick! I dig the Oto on the glass too. Fixed color is pretty much spot on on my 20" Dell Ultrasharp LCD. Plants looks super healthy too! Did you fix it in color balance in PS? Must have...

Yup, I got to buy that 100 macro myself, LOL. I have two other Macros -one for a Nikon and another for a Medium Format Mamiya. But I use my Canon the most these days. Think its time to sell a few lens I never use.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice! I gotta get myself a macro lens soon.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sweet!
I like the otto's algae mustache!

·
Algae Eater
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Bigstick! I dig the Oto on the glass too. Fixed color is pretty much spot on on my 20" Dell Ultrasharp LCD. Plants looks super healthy too! Did you fix it in color balance in PS? Must have...

Yup, I got to buy that 100 macro myself, LOL. I have two other Macros -one for a Nikon and another for a Medium Format Mamiya. But I use my Canon the most these days. Think its time to sell a few lens I never use.
Thanks Bob and everyone!

Bob glad the color looks good and thank you for confirming. I changed the color space in PS. The 100 is a very nice lens, though I dont have any experience with any other. The new sigma 70mm is supposed to be very good as well. But the Canon is tried and true

·
Registered
312 Posts
All you have to do is convert to SRGB before saving for web and it will be consistent. You can setup so that any foto that comes in is automatically converted to the sRGB space and you never have to worry.

Good photos Bigstick, and I think your composition is JUST FINE. Rules are only there to give you guidelines, artistic touch and your own vision are much more important.

If you get serious about photography spend some time on APF and you will really get great ideas. I know you are already a member.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts