The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I'm Heather,38,fish keeper since the ripe old age of 9 when my dad got me a 5 gallon starter kit for Christmas and planted tank algae farmer since 2010. :icon_mrgr

Joined the forum here back in 2010 it says...I've been lurking for years and never realized how much time went by! I will say I learned just about everything I know from here and I am ever so thankful this forum exists!

I have a 29g low tech been running since 2010. I've been through my fair share of oopsies and algae outbreaks. I just recently fought BBA and won (for the most part)- that took a YEAR and lots of picking/pruning. I nearly lost my wits. :eek5: BBA is my mortal enemy for life now.

I have been spending hours on the net here and various other places researching new LED lighting for my 29g,and thanks to the forum here I found our about Finnex and their amazing line of LED's. Next week I will be purchasing my very first LED unit- a FugeRay planted+. It has the PAR I need and it will be a major upgrade from my T5NO 24watt. I am excited about this! I actually found a product that I am 100% confident spending cash on will be a great investment.

I'm still learning every day as I browse the threads here and cannot stop reading about fish and plants- and inverts! I have a 5 pack of nerites on the way to help me keep the planted tank nice and clean(er).

I could go on and on,but just wanted to say Hi and thank everyone for making this forum so awesome. :smile: I appreciate all of you!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That would be awesome! I am still debating on which way to go with my LEDs, I want to upgrade but don't know if I want a Finnex, BML, or a DIY project. I saw some great 50 watt LED floodlights that were 6,500K they are peeking my interest, but often times my DIY projects get out of hand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm new to but I thought I'd share something I've noticed. Genuine siamese algae eaters that are quite small (smaller ones eat more algae than big ones) absolutely owned the bba and staghorn algae in my tank

Tapatalk Note 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.