The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Very very nice light. Thanks for posting. I can't help but wonder what the next type of lighting will be. Maybe a light that takes no electricity to illuminate?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The name is off-putting for me. Lupyled just sounds silly. Loopyled. Sillyled.

I am never going to need a light so customizable that I can write my name in LED's, and for two grand it doesn't seem to work with any aquarium controllers. It would be neat to simulate storms but that gimmick would lose it's novelty really, really quickly. It has a lot of less-powerful Led's instead of a few very powerful LED's.

The Elos Stella is surprisingly cheap for Elos, but it looks dim and underpowered.

I was very disappointed to find out the Solar RGB is not glass like the promotional material. ADA apparently scraped that idea, but we might see it some day. I don't think the Solar RGB is controllable (I am sure ADA has the logic that, since it's already perfect, there is no need to control anything.)

The new Kessil light is way cheaper and comes from a company with a solid background of good and effective controllable products. It is less than $800 I think. I don't know why you would go with a Lupyled that costs three times more from a company no one has ever heard of, unless you just like the aluminum/steel finish.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The name is off-putting for me. Lupyled just sounds silly. Loopyled. Sillyled.

I am never going to need a light so customizable that I can write my name in LED's, and for two grand it doesn't seem to work with any aquarium controllers. It would be neat to simulate storms but that gimmick would lose it's novelty really, really quickly. It has a lot of less-powerful Led's instead of a few very powerful LED's.

The Elos Stella is surprisingly cheap for Elos, but it looks dim and underpowered.

I was very disappointed to find out the Solar RGB is not glass like the promotional material. ADA apparently scraped that idea, but we might see it some day. I don't think the Solar RGB is controllable (I am sure ADA has the logic that, since it's already perfect, there is no need to control anything.)

The new Kessil light is way cheaper and comes from a company with a solid background of good and effective controllable products. It is less than $800 I think. I don't know why you would go with a Lupyled that costs three times more from a company no one has ever heard of, unless you just like the aluminum/steel finish.

This is why I go with Kessil. lol.
I wanna get the Elos Planted Plus. But stop thinking about it when I ask the US dealer to send me more info on that light.
instead of info, he sent me an invoice. lmao !
yeah right.
So I got scare off.

None of the ADA led light or their STAINLESS STEEL filter I like. Their tanks looks great and their tools are dream to use.
But the light ? nah..... lol.

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts