The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am glad to have found this forum! So much to read and learn. I have recently started my first "real"planted tank and thought I was doing well... not so much. Most plants are thriving, but I can not get the Ludwigia Repens from dropping leaves. They turn a yellow with some grey and then fall off.. leaving the stems bare. I trimmed them down yesterday in hopes it is a light thing. Funny thing is though that there are leaves that look the best the furthest down.

My tank (see photos)

20 gal fresh, Ph. 6.8 (water is run through a home made peat filter before adding to tank), Ammonia and Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10 - 15 PPm, temp 78 degrees. Running 2 aquaclear 30's with a Finnex 24/7 Planted+.

Currently have 2 adult male guppies and 20 fry (2 months old), 2 otos, 2 bristlenose plecos and 3 ghost shrimp.

I dose Aquarium ferts and Seachem Equilibrium as per Tom Barr low tech information:

1/4 tsp Equilibrium - weekly
1/8 KNO3 - weekly
1/32 tsp KH2PO4 - weekly
2.5 ml Seachem Flourish 2x week
seachem fert tabs also in tank for the past 6 weeks

any help is appreciated!!

thanks,

Stefan

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has been in the tank for approx. 4 plus weeks, after I purchased it from Petsmart. It first was lush and green with some "pink". it just recently (last week or so) started throwing the leaves. Just like my mellon sword looks like the leaves are somewhat going transparent and the veins being a different color. I am completely new at plants... and would love to have them grow and not kill them off like my last attempt. For the first two weeks, the stems grew fast and nicely... with plenty of new leaves.. now going bare stem rapidly

·
Registered
167 Posts
My red ludwigia did this and I cut the still lash tops off and planted those in a separate tank. I left the stems without many leaves in my small tank and it's starting to come back. The tops look great and are growing into taller plants now with great color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.