The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever attempt to keep this species? From what I can gather, it just goes straight to the top and then makes a mosaic leaf array right?
I'm wondering what this would be like in a 75, if the diameter of the floating array would take up too much of the tank.

If its relatively small in size, I might consider using it as a floater in a 10 gallon and make it an open top tank. I just think it looks really pretty, and the red it can get makes it I think the only red floater that is not red root floater lol

Any comments would be cool :p

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have an answer. It can grow as a floating plant. It's tall and its leaves will float above water like mosaics. Can grow in low light. In high light it can even flower. Try it. Its very beautiful and rewarding!:3

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where can I get them in the states though? And how big does it get? do any of its leafs stay under water, or do they all float up?

If possible, I really want to try this in my 10 gallon, I think it would look weird in my 75 since you wouldn't be able to see the top ever.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Where can I get them in the states though? And how big does it get? do any of its leafs stay under water, or do they all float up?

If possible, I really want to try this in my 10 gallon, I think it would look weird in my 75 since you wouldn't be able to see the top ever.
They can get quite big. If you want it as submerged you must not let the top of the plant reaching the water surface. You can buy it in places where they sell pond plants. It is not common in aquaria but very common used in ponds. I like its leaves floating because they look like mosaics! :3
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll skip out on this for now then, but I guess if I ever had an ultimate planted tank that was like, several hundred gallons and rocking metal halides I'd attempt it

Thanks guys :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts