The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
There is no "Ludwigia peruensis" and never has been. That name is still, inexplicably, applied to Ludwigia glandulosa. But your plant is not that either, since it has opposite leaves. Could be L. repens x L. arcuata, in which case cultivation should be easy. If not, it should still be easy to grow.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Ahh, I see. If you can, you may want to post actual pics of yours so they can properly be ID'd (in case yours dose have different growth than the posted image)

Did you happen to get the plants from Bama Plants?
Ludwigia peruensis 'Diamond' - $0.75 : BamaPlants.com, Home of Aquarium, Bog, Pond, and Carnivorous Plants all Grown in the USA
I've asked Tinanti on some plant ID's from their site before and he's confirmed quite a few of their plant ID's are incorrect.

There's also this L. "peruensis"
Ludwigia peruensis - $3.20

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Too bad these misnamings happen, the seller I got these from was pretty sure this was a new plant. If it takes hold and grows I'll be happy, so far it's sort of doing nothing.
It might actually be a new plant. Looks like someone is loose with names in any case.

I think that "peruensis" might be a perversion of the Asian (and dissimilar) L. perrenis.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh, I see. If you can, you may want to post actual pics of yours so they can properly be ID'd (in case yours dose have different growth than the posted image)

Did you happen to get the plants from Bama Plants?
Ludwigia peruensis 'Diamond' - $0.75 : BamaPlants.com, Home of Aquarium, Bog, Pond, and Carnivorous Plants all Grown in the USA
I've asked Tinanti on some plant ID's from their site before and he's confirmed quite a few of their plant ID's are incorrect.

There's also this L. "peruensis"
Ludwigia peruensis - $3.20
It's apparently this plant..Ludwigia peruensis 'Diamond' - $0.75 : BamaPlants.com, Home of Aquarium, Bog, Pond, and Carnivorous Plants all Grown in the USA

But it has leaves at alternating 90 degrees like Rotala, and it's much less red. The stems are reddish khaki. Got it from a local Oregon reseller, don't know his source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.