The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a ludwiga that can handle a lot of water movement. I've got ludwigia arcuata coming in but I'm afraid it won't be able to handle the water current were i want to plant it.

Any suggestions or thoughts. I'm stuck on ludwiga and need something tall to feel in a corner.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Handle the current as staying straight up or growing in front of high current?

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank is a 29g tall with a 2217. The ludwiga would be planted on the right corner with the the outflow on the left side glass. If that makes since.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
These plants LOVE high current. The issue I've had occurs when lighting becomes scarce due to lack of pruning. The lower leaves don't get enough light and break off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys really excited about getting this plant and if it doesn't mind the current i have the perfect location for it.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
does this hold true for the L. repens x arcuata as well? I have a spot I've been wanting some ludwiga in that has a good bit of flow, but having problems finding the right stem to go there.

Would just do L. arcuata but I'm afraid its leaf structure would be too similar to L. aromatica for my likings (at least, to have both in the same tank almost next to each other)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts