The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tank is up for about 2 months, I have done a few times of rescaping. Even recently I am still working on rescaping the tank.

Sharing a few pics here...

Initially it looks like this,

After first rescaping it looks;

On Dec 28,

2nd Jan 2007,

7th Jan 2007,

Rescaping on 13 Jan,

Added in some twigs,

I will post more pics once the recently rescaping has done... :)

Please comment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I LOVE your tank! That is 99.9% of the way I want mine to look! The .01% is I haven't completely decided on the fish. Thanks for posting the pictures (I want my tank now!).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very good aquarium
Thank you, :)

Amazing! I love the progression. Each picture adds something better than the previous one. The twigs really make the scape look natural.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you. I am still working on it, thinking of adding in more plants, but not much plants I could get in my LFS as the south of Malaysia is having flood, so one of the main plants supplier is affected. :icon_neut

I LOVE your tank! That is 99.9% of the way I want mine to look! The .01% is I haven't completely decided on the fish. Thanks for posting the pictures (I want my tank now!).
I know you could make it better. Hope to see yur tank soon. :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are these "beauty" in there;

4 red cherry shrimps
3 amano shrimps
1 oto
2 flying foxes
6 cherry barbs
2 neon tetras
2 lampeyes
some molly & guppy fry

I am trying to shift some out soon... :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far it is safe to the fishes and shrimps.

I got the twigs from the road side, it was there for quite some time already, in Malaysia the sunlight is very strong so the twigs are nicely dried.

What I did is just clean it with water and use it. :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
very nice, awesome greens and algae-free.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am still learning what all these different plants are, but what is the one plant that was growing on top of your driftwood and do you have any of this you would like to sell or get rid of? It really sets the tank off.
Which plant are you refering to? There are Riccia, anubias nana, weeping moss...
Anyhow I am in Malaysia... :)

very nice, awesome greens and algae-free.
Thank you. :)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
maybe trim your lotus leaves at your surface. They will certainly shade a lot of light. Not to mention, all of the energy of the plant will focus on those leaves and not the base submerged.
Otherwise, striking color and healthy growth all around!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts