The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone keep these? They've really caught my eye, but if I understand correctly, they prefer a single species tank. How many can be housed in a 29g, do they even get along with each other? lol I wouldn't give up a 29 for just a few fish, but if I could keep 3 - 5 or so with anything else (temps, parameters?) I might think about it...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have kept them for years in a overstocked 40g breeder. They are very hardy fish with a wide range of water parameters. They have kept breeding in my community tank over the yrs and Im prolly on my fourth generation and still have great colors. Cool fish real peaceful and stays small, likes the bottom of the tanks to scavenge. Slow mover. I have four of them currently living with my endlers in a 14g and cherry shrimp. So you should have no problem keeping them with anything that is non aggressive itself and should be able to stock plenty since they stay small.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news! I had no idea they could be in a community tank - now I have another fish to consider...lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am bumping this because I just got some for my community tank and they are absolutely adorable little fish! They school sometimes, then break apart to forage. Mine are subadults and the boys are already flashing their fins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.