The Planted Tank Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2170 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 20G tank that's been running for about almost 4mos now.

Lighting: Aqua Zonic Super Bright 60cm Twin 24w T5 HO
Super Tropical Pink
Super Sun 12,000 Kelvin thats on for 7hrs / day.

Filter: Aquaone Aquis CF500 canister upto 100liters

Substrate: AF Lava Soil

Heater: Jebo heater 200W

Plants:
*Java ferns
*Anubias
*Ludwiga Repens
*Roseafolia
*Dwarf Sagitaria
*Hygrophelia polysperma
*Sword
*Rotala rotundifolia
*Green tiger lotus

Ferts: (Seachem)
Iron 1x per week
Excel 3x per week
Potassium 1x per week
Flourish every other week
Api tablets (2-3mos)

Had trouble with battling BBA but it's getting better now after dosing excel directly on the affected spot. Slowly increasing my lighting making it to 8hrs after i come back from vacation. I've setup an automatic feeder feeding only ones per day as much as i want every other day i just can't do it with my current feeder. There will be no maintenance for 4weeks while I'm away. Hopefully they'll all be fine. Has anyone tried leaving their planted tanks for 4weeks?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
My low tech is one week old. Used the water in the canister filter and it’s media plus the bacteria from the prefilter sponge of another aquarium to kick start the conditioning process. Have a heater and Nemolight as well as an external eheim canister filter. Dose with seachem flourish excel and have Osmacoat at the bottom of the soil. My tank is slightly overpopulated but that’s because I’m breeding the mollies to trade for aquarium goods at a local pet shop (he gives me $2 per molly of store credit). Will sell ALL the mollies soon so will be slightly less populated then. I’m having trouble adding my photo. Will add soon...

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
This is my 40g breeder:

I've been growing mostly anubias of various sorts in here for a couple years now. It used to be a lot sparser :) With low tech patience is key!
So much lovely anubias *drools* I want some!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just found this thread. Heres my 7 month old 50 gallon low tech w/ Excel Amazonia light tank. Frankly, I can hardly believe how well this tank is doing; no algae whatsoever and much better growth than I expected.
20191213_214308_1577930903297.jpg
20191213_213610_1577930965690.jpg
20191201_202856_1577931698544.jpg

Lighting is two current USA planted pro plus 22" units in this configuration, which allows me to mix higher lights plants on the left and lower light on the right. Right now they're running at 100 % on RGB colors, and 65% on white.

I do dose the tank with 4 ml Excel daily, 3 ml macros and 2.1 micros with a stock PPSPro
Mix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd call this my no-tech tank. Standard 10 gallon tank and hood from Petco, add Anubias and Java Fern, and give minimum maintenance for six months as it's in my wife's 1st grade classroom. Can't get much easier than that.

Super... no algae on anubias... what type of light do you have in this tank

Bump: 12lt / 4 gl bowl

Low maintenance, no CO2, tiny wavemaker, tropica soil, 12w CFL bulb, ikea lamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys and girls. I am from South Africa and below is a picture of my tank which has been running for 1 year now. I plan to remove the hideous internal sump filter on the left and change over to either and Aquaclear 70 or Seachem Tidal 75.

I am running three LED flood lights; 1 x 20watt and 2 x 10watt all with a K rating of 6500.

I was dosing with Seachem Iron, Trace, Potassium, Nitrogen and Phosphorous. I have now stopped dosing, as I have a hair algae issue (filamentis type).

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just found this thread. Heres my 7 month old 50 gallon low tech w/ Excel Amazonia light tank. Frankly, I can hardly believe how well this tank is doing; no algae whatsoever and much better growth than I expected.
View attachment 891307
View attachment 891309
View attachment 891313

Lighting is two current USA planted pro plus 22" units in this configuration, which allows me to mix higher lights plants on the left and lower light on the right. Right now they're running at 100 % on RGB colors, and 65% on white.

I do dose the tank with 4 ml Excel daily, 3 ml macros and 2.1 micros with a stock PPSPro
Mix.
Great looking tank. Do you do weekly water change and tap or ro water?

Bump:
Posted this in my forum. No CO2 so low tech for the most part. Still add ferts and what not.
40B

10G
What light are you running on the 40B and what maintainance schedule like?

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Fluval 3.0, weekly 50% water changes, thriveC twice a week, little extra potassium and phosphates once a week, root tabs once a month or so only a few, GH buffer to bring GH up to about 6.
Interesting! I have to much phosphates in my water.

Which Gh buffer are you using? Had read that chemicals to adjust parameters can cause Ph swings. Thus many use coral in the filter. No experience with that?

·
Registered
290 Posts
View attachment 891307
View attachment 891309
View attachment 891313

Mix.
Great looking tank. Do you do weekly water change and tap or ro water?
I do a weekly 25% water change with tap water but my make up water for evaporation is RO.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
View attachment 891307
View attachment 891309
View attachment 891313

Mix.
This tank is amazing. Those plants are going for it! Do you have an updated pic?

2121 - 2140 of 2170 Posts