The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 10 gallon low tech with anubias nana on driftwood, water sprite and Moss balls has 1 cherry shrimp, 3 orange rili shrimp, 5 assorted nerite snails, 2 assassin snails, 2 otocinclus and 8 habrosus Corydoras.

I feel like since I can't add something like Excell or flourish because of the shrimp I need another fish or two to give the plants more nutrition. Problem is, what can the tank fit / and what can I have without having issues with the shrimp? They are close to a full inch in size.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
As far as I've experienced there shouldn't be any issues with excel, flourish, or any of the other ferts. Just keep it in moderation and skip the heavy first dose after water change from excel and just dose as normal. My cherry shrimp are thriving and i add almost e.i. levels of ferts each week to my low tech tank with no problems.

As to fish if I were to add anything more I would add more cory's. More oto's would probably stress their food supply too much and anything else either needs a school, or could hunt your shrimp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.