The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started collecting plants and quickly accumulated more than i could support in my two nano tanks. Fortunately through TPT, I was able to come across a kind soul (Cai) who had a tank available which kick started my first plant only tank.

Substrate: Eco complete
Lighting: 3 8" clamping shop lights with 6500k CFL

Java Moss/ Xmas Moss (floating)
Wistera
Rotala
4 Marimo balls
Star grass

Lighting started with two clamp lights but produced only medium light. a third was added which better spread the light across the entire tank.

Temporarily had a Fluval 100w heater that lasted all of a week and was replaced by a great aqueon one.
Aquaclear 50 was added to prevent the water from being stagnant.

Recently added drift wood with java moss floating on top, Nerite snails, MTS, 8 Cardinal tetras which prompted a Fluval sponge prefilter added to the AC intake.

Ive decided to hold off on doing dyi CO2 as I will be relocating the tank in the coming weeks due to house renovations.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
You have some very nice growth in there! Be careful, next thing you will end up with a 90 just full of stuff, spilling into a 30, with a random 10 for temporary holding, and 5 gallon in the window sill for "fun"...it's a vicious cycle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention, since this is starting to be a high light tank, ive placed my fissidens and mini pella moss pads in the foreground. the frogbit propogate aggressively and im having to net it up every week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts