The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all I currently have a small 10 gallon dirted tank with two 10 watt CFL daylight bulbs I have been battling some hair algea but it thankfully has not gotten out of control I run the lights for about 10hrs the plants grow but very slowly which i don't mind at all. I don't do water changes just top if about a gallon every 2 weeks water temp is at 80 have 3 neon tetras which I feed very little every other day last night I tested ammonia, nitrites, nitrate, and phosphates they all read 0 according to my api tests also have an air stone and a small sponge filter in the tank and lots of duck weed that needs to be removed every week as it covers all the top in that time with that all being said what can be done for the hair algea? Do I need to dose Ferts? Feed more?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Go to a shorter photo period, say 8 hours. Youre not removing organics from the water via water changes or chemical filtration. Start doing water changes. I would do an immediate 50 to 75% water change to start and then 30% at least bi-weekly if not weekly.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
Seems to me that is a lot of light over a 10 gallon with no nitrates. That is the formula for hair algae. Get some ferts in there and less light.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts