The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought the heather ,filter,and light in a local chinese shop everything cost me 50 bucks
For fertelized substrate i used humus 3$ one bag
Soil i used akadama the tank have one month i dont do water changes only put the one that evaporates
Let's see next month update Organism Aquarium decor Aquatic plant Pet supply Freshwater aquarium
Organism Aquatic plant Aquarium decor Terrestrial plant Pet supply
Nature Vegetation Branch Organism Wood

Enviado do meu SM-A202F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
FYI, if you're only replacing evaporated water, you want to top it off with RO water. The dissolved solids in tap water do not evaporate, so over time, your water keeps getting harder and harder.

Think about it this way... Pour a gallon of water with 3 pebbles in it into a bucket. A few weeks later, top off the missing water, and add another pebble. Do the same the next week, and the week after, so on and so forth. Those pebbles will never magically disappear, they will stay in your tank.

Tap water basically has dissolved "pebbles" in it, or dissolved minerals. Those minerals will not leave the tank by evaporation. If you just add fresh tap or spring water to top off your tank, you're adding more dissolved minerals.

You plants and fish will be very upset with you in enough time. Once the water gets too hard, both plants and fish can die.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Does it lose stability by doing this? I might try this

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
There is no solid answer here. Generally the rim is used for support, just like crossbraces do

also.
Depending how thick the glass is will determine how much if any the tank "stability" is compromised.

Let's just say it is likely that removing the rim lowers the safety factor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.