The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be setting up a 10 gallon this summer. It will have a T8 full spectrum light, 100B bio wheel filter and I'm wanting some good plants that will grow well in this set up. No ferts, no co2.

I know about java moss, and fern but don't want Moss and Java fern seems to be next to impossible to find in my area and when I do find it it looks horrible with torn up and holed leaves.

I know anubias nana works well so that's one I'll likely go with but I'm looking mostly for a background plant, I like a natural look and while I'm not positive what's going in this tank I'm thinking micro schooling fish.

I know I'm asking a lot. I really appreciate the help. I've learned so much on this site

·
Registered
452 Posts
Cypts, Anubias, Amazon swords, Wisteria, Bacopa, Ludwigia are all low light plants. If you go with anubias, they prefer shaded areas of the tank (under driftwood or below a taller plant.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't had good luck with bacopa, my bulb is only 15watt so that could be why. Also can't seem to find good crypts.

I thought amazon sword got too large and required a very deep gravel bed and root tabs. Is that the case?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.