The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a Spec V with anubias and its in a central location in my living room, its very low maintenance and I want to keep it that way. My plants are flourishing, and I have almost no algae ever.

I would love to find a light that would ramp on and off on a timer that would maintain the low PAR of the stock light but pleasantly fade on and off instead of either manually shutting it or having it on a timer that can only work the daytime light and snaps on and off abruptly.

I see a few fairly expensive lights which have far more power than I need, and while you can keep them low I suspect they are brighter even on low than I need. Also I would love to not pay for something expensive for what I don't need to get what I want, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The current USA ramp timer might work with the stock light. It works with most lights that run on 12-24V DC as long as they don't suck too much amperage (I'm sure the stock light doesn't). It's expensive for a timer, but has a nice 15 minute ramp up and down. I have one running the stock light on my son's 5 gallon aqueon - works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-...859019&sr=8-1&keywords=current+usa+ramp+timer

-Justin

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
I think I tried it, bought from the LFS and it wouldn't work at all. :(
How come? Can't see any reason it shouldn't work as long a the plugs had the correct polarity..
A tc-420 is the "cheaper" version.
Any led w/ a "wall wart" and run at constant voltage in the 12-24V (possibly others actually) range should work..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know. I bought it, it wouldn't work so I brought it back and the guy said it was not compatible with the stock Spec V light. He plugged it into another light and it worked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.