The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I want to know what CFL lights would be considered. I know the watts per gallon rule is bogus, so if I get 3 6500k bulbs for my 20 gallon high, would that be considered low medium or high light? I'm thinking between 13-26 watt bulbs at 6500k each. Does anyone know how the Par measurement is for CFL lighting?

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
Hey all!

I want to know what CFL lights would be considered. I know the watts per gallon rule is bogus, so if I get 3 6500k bulbs for my 20 gallon high, would that be considered low medium or high light? I'm thinking between 13-26 watt bulbs at 6500k each. Does anyone know how the Par measurement is for CFL lighting?
Depends on the their orientation, reflector type, and many asst.factors for one thing.. but:

·
Registered
13,083 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So sad that build my led went out of business. I was able to buy one 3 days before the closed shop and omg it's amazing I can grow anything but what hurts is what do you get now for high tech I guess kessil but none of these light even come close to bml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.