The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh good!

I have a Betta, mystery snail, and ghost shrimp in this tank.

The mystery snail can't get on the leaves cuz he is to big.

I wonder how I get rise of the white haze on the tank walls. I think it is from the snail. That things craps long lines of doo-doo everywhere.

Lol

·
Discus freak
928 Posts
You my friend have diatoms and not dying plants.. Ottos as mentioned are very good for cleaning up this type of "algae"

I have a school of 5 and they are very nice fish, and do a very good job cleaning up.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In a 2.5 gallon tank, you are better off getting a smaller type of nerite snails than a school of otos.

Try finding some horned nerite snails,

http://www.fishkeeper-classifieds.co.uk//uploadedimages/543347porcupine_snail.jpg

These little guys are amazing algae eaters.
I was thinking that this snail is way to big when I was deciding whether or not to purchase him as the store. I just got him anyways and now I have several tiny snail in my 2.5.

I wonder if my Beta will eat the tiny ones?

I will look into getting some Nerite snails but it is winter here and shipping is risky and not worth it.

One olive nerite would do the trick as well. I keep on in each of my small tanks and they do a fantastic job of keeping diatoms and algea away.
Yes, this is exactly what I need a snail hard at work. I will look into the Olive Nerite snail.

My snails are really good cleaners. I defiantly wouldn't get ottos , i have them in a 15 gallon and its hard to feed them and keep the parameters stable.
I have a hard time keeping Otto's in my 20L. I can only seem to keep 2 alive at any given time. I will not even try and put them in my 2.5 because I just don't trust it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.