The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this aquarium for my birthday:

http://goo.gl/yn9ADT

It is the AquaTop Nano-Sky Complete Aquarium System, 7 Gallon, and it has a 7 watt LED lamp, so about 1 watt/gallon. The tank is about 13 inches deep and will be shallower when I add substrate. Despite the fact that the light is 7 watts, it also says it is equivalent to 24W power compact bulb... does wattage matter with LEDs? Would this lighting be low or moderate? If it is low light, what are some good plants other than the usual java moss, java fern, crypts, and anubias? Here are some pics of the tank:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wattage matters little with LED lights. Believe its PAR first and then Kelvin of course. If it says its the equivalent to a 24W power compact bulb, then you should be okay growing: cryptocoryne wendtii, rotala, amazon swords, the plants you mentioned above, water sprite, and almost all floaters. :) My tank is 11 inches deep and I have 25W bulbs. I have had no problems growing the plants I mentioned above. I also grow dwarf sagittaria with no problem.

Here's a link that goes into more detail about LED light fixtures.

LED Aquarium Lights,[censored]Lighting; How they work, DIY | Aquarium Article Digest

Best of luck!!

Bump: Dwarf lily and blyxia auberti are two more I remembered that grow well in low light. :)

Vallisneria grows well in moderate light which it seems you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts