The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Was just wondering what some good low light low care plants would be? I have a Aqueon 8 evolve tank with flora max for the substrate.

Particularly looking for some kind of carpet to cover the substrate but that also looks great!

Microswords a good choice?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dwarf Sagittarius is great too. I have it in my 10g and it has always done well. Its not a dense carpet, but more grassy. I also have egeria najas and asian ambulia and love those. Anubias on my driftwood. And the low light low maintenance staple, java fern. I tend to stay away from mosses now as I had java moss which I loved, but when I wanted to try something else I could never get rid of it fully.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I would do a moss foreground if you want something easy and hassle free. Put some moss over some flat rocks with either string, glue, or hairnets and let it fill in.

I use fishing line and it works great.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any low growing plants that are low light that would cover the substrate? Not looking for java moss, not a fan of it. For some reason it just looks like a nuisance algae vs a lovely aquatic plant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.