The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I need to sell off some items so here goes.

SOLD-ADA 17mm P-6 outflow....used but in great shape----asking $70
http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=afa_product_info&cPath=26_3&products_id=139

PENDING-Hydor 200w inline heater 1/2" or 13mm---only 2 months old and installed for only 1 month..............asking $35
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=11369&N=2004+113767

Coralife Luft air pump............also 2 months old..used for only 1 month..very strong...enough for about 8 outlets.......asking $35
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=7377&N=2004+113800

SOLD-JBJ co2 regulator.....about 8 months old---works great.....asking $70
http://www.aquariumplants.com/product_p/pr840.htm

SOLD-Milwaukee ph controller.SMS122........about 8 months old......works great.....asking $60
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Automated_pH_Co2_Controller_MILWAUKEE_SMS122_p/pr209.htm

I will combo the co2 regulator and ph controller if desired for a group total of $120

SOLD-20 gallon long tank dividers x2....brand new in box...asking $5 each
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18275/si1380078/cl0/leesaquariumdivider1520long

ADA 150w HQI MH bulb....used about 8 months.....these bulbs last longer than regular MH bulbs.....asking $20
http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=afa_product_info&cPath=9_16&products_id=21

Shipping will be through USPS at a speed of your choice. Buyer would pay for actual shipping charges, rounded up to nearest dollar. Please pm me if your interested. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the late replies

sale pending on

ADA lily pipe
inline heater
co2 regulator
ph controller
20 gallon tank divider.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Don't expect to get much from this guy. He has posted these items up for sale on 3 other forums and is giving his friends and family first choice even though he has posted they are for sale.

False advertising. I suspect he is like 14 years old.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Don't expect to get much from this guy. He has posted these items up for sale on 3 other forums and is giving his friends and family first choice even though he has posted they are for sale.

False advertising. I suspect he is like 14 years old.
What is wrong with giving a friend or someone he delt with before first choice?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nothing is wrong with that, whats wrong is posting up something for sale when it really isnt. First of all, posting these items on 3 forums is most likely going to cause problems. Second, if you plan to give first choice to friends and family ask them before posting that the items are for sale.

Specifically telling members that something is available, then changing your mind because your friend decided he wanted it and then blowing off the customer who has already decided to purchase it is going to piss them off.

Its bad business ethics. Period.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes its very different. You arent reading what im writing, its stupid to argue this. He approached this in a poor manor. The first person to respond would be the one entitled. Everyone on this forum understands that.

Say I post up I am selling a filter for sale here but I also asked my brother if he wanted it. My brother doesnt decide and then a few people respond to the item for sale. After somebody has decided they are going to buy it my brother says oh what the hell ill take it. Too damn late! You just dont post up stuff for sale when its not "REALLY" for sale.

Seriously why are you arguing with me on this? There is no way in hell this would fly in a retail shop. Or try pulling that on ebay for example. See what happens.

Yes this is a forum not a shop, my answer is "too bad". I understand that. I am saying is it bad business ethics and you are going to piss people off. Then receive negative feedback and less people are going to want to buy from you.

I wrote him a msg explainng why I was upset, which everyone should understand. I am not writing a negative feedback on him, I suggested to him that he approach it differently next time.
For example, post up your items for sale only when you are 100% sure you are going to sell them and start out with 1 forum at a time. Set a time limit if you must, if nothing hits on forum number 1. move to forum number 2.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Yes its very different. You arent reading what im writing, its stupid to argue this. He approached this in a poor manor. The first person to respond would be the one entitled. Everyone on this forum understands that.

Say I post up I am selling a filter for sale here but I also asked my brother if he wanted it. My brother doesnt decide and then a few people respond to the item for sale. After somebody has decided they are going to buy it my brother says oh what the hell ill take it. Too damn late! You just dont post up stuff for sale when its not "REALLY" for sale.

Seriously why are you arguing with me on this? There is no way in hell this would fly in a retail shop. Or try pulling that on ebay for example. See what happens.

Yes this is a forum not a shop, my answer is "too bad". I understand that. I am saying is it bad business ethics and you are going to piss people off. Then receive negative feedback and less people are going to want to buy from you.

I wrote him a msg explainng why I was upset, which everyone should understand. I am not writing a negative feedback on him, I suggested to him that he approach it differently next time.
For example, post up your items for sale only when you are 100% sure you are going to sell them and start out with 1 forum at a time. Set a time limit if you must, if nothing hits on forum number 1. move to forum number 2.
The seller is entitled to sell it to whom ever he/she chooses. Why is posting something up on 3 forums wrong? That just does not make any sense. Where is it posted that the first person MUST get the deal. Of course that would not fly in a retail shop, but guess what he is not a retail shop.

BTW, I think a bad selling practice might also be selling something w/o knowing what it was. Sounds familiar right? Like someones driftwood.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Way to put words in my mouth.
I did not say WRONG, I said BAD IDEA.
I did not say MUST, I suggested it as it is a BETTER IDEA.

Dude, read what I wrote before posting incorrect information. Geez!

·
Registered
674 Posts
i post on multiple forums at a time to minimize the amount of time i have to wait to get something sold. i agree though that selling something and then telling the buying its not for sale anymore is a little shady, but its not against the rules.

reading this forum makes work go by so much quicker...=p

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Retoid.....what is your problem?????

So now you have to sling mud from our PM's? Why dont you grow up and just deal with it. Its not a huge deal. Even if you were first in line with no other buyers I wouldnt sell to you anyways with your attitude. Go buy retail for all I care. I mean seriously, how childish you are acting. So, now because you didnt get the item you have to talk crap? HUH, nice driftwood post you have going. trying to sell non aquarium driftwood. I would say thats a GREAT selling practice. Seriously, if you want to bad mouth me or what I do in my sales them PM me. Dont argue it out on a forum where it does no one any good. I have sold several things over the past years on all kinds of forums with very little issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts