The Planted Tank Forum banner

Lost my fluval 3.0 power supply 😕

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jeffkrol 
#1 ·
I looked on the internet and even fluval itself. I hope someone can point me to where I can find one. I saw the 2.0 ones but not the 3.0 ones. I just can’t afford a new light right now.

#2 · (Edited)
Standard switching power supply. Got any electrical skills?
Lost as in missing?
What size 3.0?

I'd be surprised if a 2.0 ps didn't fit.

#3 ·
I looked everywhere for it, but I do have a fluval 2.0 power supply and it does work. My concern for that is that it’s for a fluval 15-24 inch light. Would it matter which power supply it is or would it be better to get a 48-60 inch power supply because I’ve seen those on Amazon before.
Other than that it seems to work just fine now. And I’m glad.

#4 ·
All will probably be the same voltage (24 I believe) but should get one w/ the correct watt rating.

Fluval may just use a "universal" power supply for the series.
What does the output say on the power supply?
24v and 3 or 4a? 100 watts?

#6 · (Edited)
The output says 24.0V=500mA
Under powered for a 48" LED
That power supply is rated 12W

You actually didn't say what size light you have.
Anyways power supply can be rated higher, amp or Watt rating.
(Voltage NEEDS to be a match) but lower doesn't work.
Best case lights will be dimmer than with the correct wattage, worst case you burn out the power supply eventually.

A bit confused by why the mA rating is so low:

32/24 = 1.33A for a 24
2.45A for a 48-60
Light will only draw what it needs so like a 3A 24V power supply can be used for any of them.

@ 15-24 light I suppose it's possible.. Still seems low though at 12W.

#7 · (Edited)
Under powered for a 48" LED
That power supply is rated 12W

You actually didn't say what size light you have.
Anyways power supply can be rated higher, amp or Watt rating.
(Voltage NEEDS to be a match) but lower doesn't work.
Best case lights will be dimmer than with the correct wattage, worst case you burn out the power supply eventually.

A bit confused by why the mA rating is so low:

32/24 = 1.33A for a 24
2.45A for a 48-60
Light will only draw what it needs so like a 3A 24V power supply can be used for any of them.

@ 15-24 light I suppose it's possible.. Still seems low though at 12W.
I’m actually having to use the power supply from the 15-24 aquasky light that I have or had over my 10 gallon tank. But I did go ahead and order a power supply rated for a 48-60 inch aquasky light since that’s the size of my plant 3.0 over my bigger 75.

I kinda hope the 48-60 inch power supply will be enough. If not, I guess I could order a 60-72 inch one instead.

edit
I finally get what you’re saying now. I am cancelling the aquasky power supply order and got a generic ac dc power supply that is 24v 3a. Fingers crossed, but I hope it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.