The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i'm redoing the tank today took the plants out and decor then caught the fish and the at least 4inch pleco is just gone.

I looked in all the decorations and he wasn't in them and I looked on the driftwood and he wasn't there. Looked in the java moss and he's not there.

Last time I saw him was a week ago. Could he had died and no body within a week?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Did you check behind the tank? behind the stand?

I've read a story here where one of our members found his goldfish behind the tank stand after a couple of years. A yesterday when I was doing some tank maintenance, I found a dried shrimp behind my tank. Hopefully your fish is alright and safe.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
my pleco was 'missing' for two weeks. He showed up out of the blue one night last week. I have no idea where he was while I couldnt find him, but he hangs out and blends in with the driftwood and I cant see him.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've lost so many fish and shrimp in the last couple weeks and usually never find their bodies. I have a handful of frickin voracious amano shrimp that will demolish any half dead fish or shrimp within hours. It's quite useful if the fish/shrimp die inside my tank's jungle area that I can't really get into easily haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have lost shrimp and a couple small fish that have jumped out and found later dried on the floor as well as found a couple small shrimp and an otto still living in my filter :( Other times one has died and my amano shrimp and corys just eat it. Do you have any fish or shrimp that would eat it if it died in the tank?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just lost my favorite female betta yesterday, looked for her for a good 2 hours and all around, finally found her dried up behind the tank, she had blended in with my black stand.

With a pleco, check driftwood really well, they are so dark and camofloge really to well!
Good luck finding the little guy, and with a pleco, if he did die and get eaten, there should still be something left of him floating around.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bree sorry you lost your girl today. :(

Well I never found pleco..... Looked everywhere for him and really checked that driftwood that was already in the tank and touched every bit of it and and all the other decor as well the big mess of java moss in case he was in there. UGH

Thanks for the ideas guys!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
its possable the pleco is inside the wood, i have had fish get stuck inside things like that before. Or do u happen to have an under graver filter? I have herd of fish getting under the UGF somehow and then reapearing months later.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.