The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking for turface MVP

248 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  somewhatshocked
Hey, I’m setting up a tank for
Shubunkins and dont want to go my normal dirted tank route with this big of a tank. I want to find turface MVP locally. Have anyone had any luck in big box stores? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13,346 Posts
Hey, I’m setting up a tank for
Shubunkins and dont want to go my normal dirted tank route with this big of a tank. I want to find turface MVP locally. Have anyone had any luck in big box stores? Thanks!

It's used for sports fields.Best bet is to check with landscape suppliers.
Like...
Midwest distributor...

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
4,917 Posts
You can also just go to Tractor Supply since you are on the eastern half of the USA and buy Safety Absorbent aka Safe-T-Sorb. It's also Calcined Clay just like Turface but it's in a different color scheme (in my opinion, it looks better). Here it is in one of my old tanks:

It also has the advantage of being at a normal store you just walk in and get. Plus it's very cheap, like 7 dollars for a 40lb bag if memory serves.

bag looks like this:
Ingredient Packaging and labeling Drink Font Fruit

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can also just go to Tractor Supply since you are on the eastern half of the USA and buy Safety Absorbent aka Safe-T-Sorb. It's also Calcined Clay just like Turface but it's in a different color scheme (in my opinion, it looks better). Here it is in one of my old tanks:

It also has the advantage of being at a normal store you just walk in and get. Plus it's very cheap, like 7 dollars for a 40lb bag if memory serves.

bag looks like this:
View attachment 1050647
Ok, thanks I’ll go in and look for that! I’m hoping it’s the same color, I’m not a fan of black or white substrates. I go for a more natural look and the stuff in your picture is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.