The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for some plant suggestions. This tank wasn't scaped in any way, just random stuff I found locally thrown together. The foreground is pygmy chain swords waiting to fill in.

I'm looking for something that can grow underneath the kleiner sword in the middle. Right now I have dwarf sag growing to the right, it's not actually that dwarf. Some of the leaves are 10+" tall, which is kinda weird since it's from the Florida Nurseries. Anyways, I was thinking needle leaf java fern or something bushy around the base of the kleiner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe you already know, but it looks like the kleiner bar sword currently has emersed growth leaves; those will be replaced by submerged growth now that the sword is under water. These leaves have a longer leaf blade and little to no stem; they will be sort of ribbon-like growing out from the base. My point is that they will make the sword look more filled-in at the bottom. I don't know if that helps at all. Personally, I think it looks nice now, and will look better once the pygmy chain sword fills in.
http://www.aquariumdomain.com/viewFreshwaterPlantSpecies.php?plant_freshwater_id=21#

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O nice I actually didnt know what the submerged leaves looked like. Never had a kleiner sword before.

If thats the case, Im gonna let it fill in before adding anymore plants

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.