The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I know there are a few places to get SS mesh. I'm going to need about 5 sq feet (hopefully 5, 12"x12" pieces). Which should be around $50? Then I'm going to have to cut them all into 2"x2" squares:icon_lol: .

So where to get the mesh? Looking for best price (DUH)

Links are welcome! Searched the forum but there where too many answers that didn't have anything to do with the topic so I'm asking here!

Thanks in advance!

-Andrew

·
Registered
428 Posts
5 sq. ft is going to cost a little more than $50 after shipping. Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and do a search for item # 85385T41 That's the most popular size it seems for moss. I've ordered it from them and it works great. Make sure you have some heavy duty snips to cut it. Cheap cutters won't do the job.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I believe McMaster-Carr is where Buckeye gets his mesh from. He provided that link some time back.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi
Yes this is where I buy this from
most of the time there is a 1 to 2 weeks back order
so if you are going to need it give your self some time.
I like to use a angle air grinder to cut this it's much faster.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i bought some snips made by stanley, from target. i'm sure you could get some even better ones from lowes. i will also recommend this place for SS mesh. i have some and have been using the one sheet i bought for quite some time. i think i paid 25-30 shipped? i can't really remember.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If McMaster is showing a backorder (it depends on if your local outlet has it or not), check different sizes. Mine currently has the 12x24 but not the 24x24.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5 sq. ft is going to cost a little more than $50 after shipping. Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and do a search for item # 85385T41 That's the most popular size it seems for moss. I've ordered it from them and it works great. Make sure you have some heavy duty snips to cut it. Cheap cutters won't do the job.
Thanks, that was the link I was looking for.

As for cutting it I have lots of connections at my old middle school.. and they have the big Cutters that you like turn the handle to cut it up to like 4 ft or something like that, meant to talk to the metal shop teacher the other night, will go this coming week.

As for Backorder, I'm not in much of a hurry. Patience is a very important virtue to me after starting this hobby.

Thanks guys!
-Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts