The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a tank set up in my dorm room, looking to get some shrimp... have a few in mind but idk what to get yet! so hard to decide. what would u guys say i get... RCS, yellow cherrys, OEBT, or blue pearl?!?!?! or any other ideas!

tank is 2.5 gallons, no heater, just ordered the red sea nano filter; i will be using a spong on the intake, 13W CFL 6500K bulb on a desklamp ummm i think thats it for now might do DIY co2
i am growing DHG and dwarf babytears.

ill try to post pictures

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohhh god so tempted to get the OEBT!!! i found them for alot cheeper then exspected... but whatelse would i need inorder to keep them happy, i dont have a ton of money to dump since i am a college student. would they be fine in this setup with just tapwater with decolrinater???

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
ohhh god so tempted to get the OEBT!!! i found them for alot cheeper then exspected... but whatelse would i need inorder to keep them happy, i dont have a ton of money to dump since i am a college student. would they be fine in this setup with just tapwater with decolrinater???
I'd be afraid to use tapwater until you test it. Test it and post the KH,GH,PH, TDS, etc. and we can give further advice.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Depends on your tap water. I raise OEBTs in tanks similar to what you are describing (black Flourite sand, simple filtration) and they do great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.