The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
It seems like most people want a minimum of A grade so it seems it's actually harder to find low grade CRS than S grades for instance.

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah seems to be the going trend. Such a shame C grades are unique in their own way surprised no one has continued to breed them out. I know one person who has them and he won't let go of any of them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree completely, I like variety when it comes to shrimp, so spending tons of money and trying to get the perfect looking shrimp is not really my thing, I guess when it comes to shrimp I'm quantity > quality :proud:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
They're not in the same league as CRS, but I have a neo "cull" tank where I've put all of the rejected shrimp I've gotten at auctions or from friends and there are some wildly cool shrimp in there now! I have some RCS crosses that look almost identical to TT's. They've also thrown blues, whites and this odd reddish-purplish color (when they mature and molt a few times). I love the variations that occur with "imperfect" shrimp. :)

·
Banned
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're not in the same league as CRS, but I have a neo "cull" tank where I've put all of the rejected shrimp I've gotten at auctions or from friends and there are some wildly cool shrimp in there now! I have some RCS crosses that look almost identical to TT's. They've also thrown blues, whites and this odd reddish-purplish color (when they mature and molt a few times). I love the variations that occur with "imperfect" shrimp. :)
That is definitely cool. I also have a cull tank set up, the problem is everything breeds so true now it's hard to find anything to add to it. I've been looking for C grade crs for a while now because I really like the coloration and the fact that they have unique patterns uncommon with the higher grades that pop out clones.

My only hope is that someone that is secretly keeping this awesome grade of crs sees this and decides to sell a few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts