The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my honey gourami died this morning.. I currently have 5 emerald rasboras 5 pygmy corys and 4 otos in a heavily planted 10 gallon tank. Looking for another nano fish that can school and doesn't hide like the emeralds. Any ideas?

Or a nice small center piece fish like the HG would be nice as well that are compatible with current stock.

·
Registered
651 Posts
A little searching turned up these. I've never kept the first two, before though.

Petruichthys sp "rosy", the rosy loach -- comes from the same habitat as the emerald raspbora

Dario hysginon, flame red badis -- this might be from the same habitat as well.

Danio choprae, glowlight danio

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tank is kinda heavily stocked already, plus alll 3 species like a shoal of at least 6. I dont think u can add more shoals in there.
Yeah, that is true. I think I'm going to keep the current stock as is. I'll probably add one more of each or maybe two more. When I first got my pygmy corys I bought all 6 since the guy at my LFS only stocks 6 at a time.. For some reason the smallest one lost it's color and died 3 days later. It was weird because they all gained their colors and all of a sudden just one of them died.

Bump:
Endlers Livebearers are a readily available hardy fish. They're tiny as well, maybe 5-10 to equal 1 Honey Gourami.
I'm going to skip out on the Endlers. Since my tank is heavily stocked as is. I was thinking about getting another fish, but I'll stick with what I have and probably up the count on the emerald rasbora and pygmy cory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.