The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've just set up this tank and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for something smallish to grow on the emersed parts of the driftwood. I'd obviously like something that I can attach to the wood with some florist wire or something, and that would have some roots that dangle into the water. It would be really cool if it flowered...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Emersed Plant

Good morning sns...

Java fern would work nicely. I have it floating in a 45 G tank I use to experiment with different substrates and ferts (see pic). The Java fern is attached to a piece of floating driftwood with black sewing thread and works well emersed or totally submerged. The stuff is very hardy.

B

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
anubias won't if it is originally grown emersed, all you need to do is keep the leaves above water =p

Anubias & Java Fern will dry out real quick unless the humidity is really high.

also the humidity right above the water should be extremely high considering the evaporation, i know above my tanks my digital hygrometer says high 80s when lights are on and a little lower when they are off, humidity shouldn't be a problem above an aquarium =p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.