The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for some scissors to trim my DHG carpet in my Nano tank, only 30cm cube so need very small scissors to get in there.

Any recommendations?

Are ‘S’ shape scissors any better for carpets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I am continuously looking for better scissors. Right now I am using surgical scissors (specifically blunt mayo scissors) and they seem to be working well. For something a little smaller you can consider personal grooming scissors (typically used for nose hairs ;p. ) Or if you want something branded aquascaping you can look into spring scissors.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am continuously looking for better scissors. Right now I am using surgical scissors (specifically blunt mayo scissors) and they seem to be working well. For something a little smaller you can consider personal grooming scissors (typically used for nose hairs ;p. ) Or if you want something branded aquascaping you can look into spring scissors.
Currently using some barbers scissors which are perfect for cutting but because the tanks so small in comparison to my hand I can’t trim the right hand side without my left hand squashing the left side carpet and I keep uprooting my carpet, not fussed with this tank anymore as I plan to get a slightly longer tank soon and use Monte Carlo but would like to get some proper scissors so I have the right tool to cut a nice even carpet, surgical scissors is a good idea though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.