The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the hobby and looking into starting a tank for my dorm room in college. I'm planning on trying to set up a walstead style tank. The tank I have is a 2 gallon hex but I think it might actually be closer to 1.5. I might upgrade to a 2.5.

Any how, I originally posted in the WTB forum but it was pointed out to me that I should post in the NYC forum so here it goes.

I'm looking for some low light plants and possibly a couple trumpet snails to get me started. I'm looking for a mix of root feeders, stems, and floaters to try and keep the tank as balanced as possible.

I'm on break so my schedule is pretty open so pick up is an option, preferably in Manhattan/near a subway stop.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow guys. I wasn't expecting this many responses and certainly not this quickly. I just got back in the country last night and I don't really even have my act that together. I have my tank but not my substrate yet. I'm planning on snagging some dirt from my dads girlfriends house on Christmas. '

I'll be sending a couple of you a pm shortly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.