The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm building my first dirt/planted aquarium and am looking for plants - I bought a "starter pack" online but am looking to supplement.

Consequently I'm looking for a good brick & mortar...

A. In the Los Angeles area...

B. More specifically, in the San Fernando Valley...

C. Even MORE specifically, in the San Fernando Valley, west of the 405.

D. Near Tarazana.

If anyone has recommendations in one of those areas I'd love to hear!

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't know the west end of the Valley all that well, but I recall Mark's Tropical Fish in Studio City had a good selection, but I haven't been there in a few years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know of any in your immediate area but you have so many excellent choices if you are willing to actually head south or south east a little bit. Santa Monica has Nature Aquarium which is an awesome store for those into planted tanks. They have a ton of plants to choose from and have a bunch of ADA supplies. If you head into East LA into west covina, CK Fish World has a ton of freshwater fish to choose from and has a bunch of different shrimp that are way cheaper than almost any other store. They don't carry as many plants but they do have substrate and drift wood as well as a bunch of nice and affordable curved glass tanks. They're also extremely helpful to talk to if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica

I know it's a littler farther away than what you specified, but they have everything ADA including UG and HC. Found everything I was looking for when setting up my tank a month ago.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I know it's a littler farther away than what you specified, but they have everything ADA including UG and HC. Found everything I was looking for when setting up my tank a month ago.
Seconded. It's a great shop: I usually buy my fish there, too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Pet Center in Monterrey Park has a nice selection of plants. Bob's Tropical Fish a couple of blocks away is also pretty well stocked. 2 of my favorite LFS's in LA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try Aquarium City in Canoga Park. Julian is a really cool guy. Tell him George sent you. They just built me a rimless 48” x 18” x 18” for a reasonable price.

They have a pretty large tank full of plants.

Also, try Underwater Depot in Sherman Oaks. They concentrate more on plants and freshwater tanks. Their tanks are simply immaculate. Haven’t seen cleaner tanks anywhere. Here is one of their plant tanks. IMG_2739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts