The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of my tank (attached). I'm switching out the substrate for eco-complete. I have a Finnex LED plant light, injected CO2, and use dry ferts (EI dosing methodology). It's a 29ga high tank.

I'd like to add some color, and I'd like some ways to get height. I'd like those plants to be filled out all the way up the stem (so no swords), but I don't want a needle plants (e.g no Cabomba as much as i like the look). They are a mess if anything goes wrong in my experience.

I've done rotala indica in the past and like it.

I'm open to other suggestions beyond the tall plants. I just added the stucco and dwarf grass. I like the large leaf anubias nana (or so the store said it was) in the back right. I might add another one of those too.

What do you think of java moss rotala? I look the look of that.

I'm open to other aquascaping suggestions too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Rotala mac. Maybe a good choice as well bunch of other rotalas definitely add mice contrast n color.

Look up Linder Nia India
And
Bacopa salzmanii (good beginner plant which will purple up)
Some ludwigias, not pantanal, but maybe sp. Red, perunsis, white

So many plants out there, can suggest tons*

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just changing the subtract to eco complete will make a big difference. The dark gravel will make your colors pop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Then maybe a red water lily. Petco sells a pack of bulbs for like 5 bucks. Easy to grow.

The plant on the left. I don't know it's real name. Water Plant Waterfall Terrestrial plant Pet supply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.