The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
that is not a prefilter. that is a c02 reactor :)
Oh yea duh! :icon_redf i didn't even notice the airline going in.... Ok well I could still do what I planed but also run the Co2 into there ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pump
Mechanical filter
Chemical filter
CO2 Reactor
Heater module
UV Module
C02 tank and ph control in middle

All easy to service in a nice roll out drawer.

mD

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for all the photos! Definitely has my mind going. Thinking about mounting it sideways after my initial worry of leakage as no matter what, if it's gonna leak, it's gonna leak.

I'm not seeing any pvc plumbing. Any reasoning for that?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks again everyone for all of the pics! I got my plumbing done. I will get some pics posted tomorrow. I still have to mount my power strips so I have them temporarily inside of a bucket to help as much as possible in case of a leak. Don't want anything else to spark up lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts

theres a nice one of my setup

it was run like this for months after hooking up a heater and not trimming the hoses with no problems...

here is another temporary setup that was run for over a month with no problem..

Is that a commercially available co2 reactor? I've got the home made PVC , but always wanted one where I could see what's going on in there and clean if necessary. Does it attach easily from the rest of the system with those shut off valves?

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
ya i know...but the only plugs that could drip all have a drip loop in them to prevent that...already had one electral fire with a fish tank...dont need another! Haha...but thnx for the suggestion..all my cords are just tangled but safeish..just need a deticated power supply..
Thanks a lot...but no thats not the reason at all that i had an electral fire..i had a short or something in my marineland filter and the filter itself caught on fire and cracked my tank..id link you to the thread but moderator closed it for me saying one thing about the company, which wasnt really bad at all, oh well...so ya not my fault, thank you very much! Haha..but nah my stuff is good, just tangled cords..i untangle them every once and a while..
Lazy, no, you really have no clue about me, so its all good..but really plz cry me a river :icon_cry:...my power strip's are not just on the floor they are propped up with something underneath them so in case my floor floods then I should be good(fire is not my friend), might want to move my canister on the other side though, didn't think about all that as I just got one..but I do appreciate all the concern, I am sorry I ever posted that pic in the first place..I don't want/need any drama and what have you..the simple fact of the matter is I have been keeping fish for nearly a decade now with little to no issues..I have seen far worse than I do, no doubt. just think "Christmas Story" hehe..but thats not me. :D

But Sorry dude to keep posting on your thread, not my intentions..

Let his house burn down, the kid or person or whoever just simply does not get it.
We are trying ot help him out and some how we are all wrong.

So let his or hers house burn down, maybe he/she will lose a few pets and then possibly realize he should have maybe taken some simple advice rather then arguing over what they think is right and is fine.

Post up some pics of the crispy wires and fried fishies once it all happends please and thank you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Let his house burn down, the kid or person or whoever just simply does not get it.

So let his or hers house burn down, maybe he/she will lose a few pets and then possibly realize he should have maybe taken some simple advice rather then arguing over what they think is right and is fine.

Post up some pics of the crispy wires and fried fishies once it all happends please and thank you.
If he is running on a GFCI as everyone should, he is good besides maybe tripping that circuit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
For what its worth.

A few notes- first, I have a gcfi in the back. Also, I will be adding a support to the tubing leaving the filter into the hydor. Its little too wishy-washy for me, leaning up on the CO2 bottle like that. Adding a second strip to the system, soon as I am a timer freak, and they eat up too much space for one PS. Don't like the filter being as close to the main power supply as it is, but I recognize the issue and address it when messing around. Unfortunately, the cable for my lights is a little short and that where it had to go. The only permament attachment will be the hose support, I like to being able to pull everything if required. In the future I will be studying up on hard plumbing, I think it has some superior safety attributes.

·
Banned
943 Posts

Get down off your soap box. I cant believe you want his house to burn down just to prove your point.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Get down off your soap box. I cant believe you want his house to burn down just to prove your point.
He doesn't. He's trying to make a point to someone who is too stubborn to acknowledge a glaring fire hazard. Hopefully Sean's response was harsh enough to get the kid to correct the problem BEFORE a fire.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

He doesn't. He's trying to make a point to someone who is too stubborn to acknowledge a glaring fire hazard. Hopefully Sean's response was harsh enough to get the kid to correct the problem BEFORE a fire.
MY goodness, give it up, and I assure you I am not a kid by any means. Look, as I said before I appreciate the help and some stuff has changed. It was an old pic also..Just deal with that not everyone is going to set things up like you want it to be. AND ridewake210 you my friend are a horrible person to say the least..I hope something happens to you so we can all NOT feel bad, I mean this is just ridiculous..And also, I never said anything anyone was saying was wrong, you need to read again before you jump on people. Regardless of what you think, I am safe and I have learned from past mistakes with fish and other things. But common, how many other pix of peoples set ups do i see with the power strip right next to a canister filter like uh the last pic..So AS I SAID BEFORE I appreciate the comments towards my set up and I was never telling anyone they were wrong or I don't want their advice, so thank you very much for once again telling me things that I know. :icon_mrgr

If he is running on a GFCI as everyone should, he is good besides maybe tripping that circuit.
Yes my 2 power strips are on GFCI's...I appreciate it! Plus my powerbox is on a very low setting for the circuit breakers so if my tank does pull a lot of power it will trip this circuit also.

My feeling exactly..:icon_bigg Thanx!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It's a little dated, but it's the most recent picture of my setup. I added another valve on the U/V sterilizer outlet to allow isolation of the unit for service.

Tommy

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
he doesn't. He's trying to make a point to someone who is too stubborn to acknowledge a glaring fire hazard. Hopefully sean's response was harsh enough to get the kid to correct the problem before a fire.
thank you!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts