The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some pics of how everyone has their canister filters setup. Mainly looking for pics of setups with in line co2 reactors and/or in line uv sterilizers. Or any other in line products for that matter. Trying to figure out how I should plumb in my uv sterilized and co2 reactor. Anything and everything is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'll get you some tomorrow when I clean my can. Mine is almost all custom PVC with an inline heater and a bypass. I tossed those hoses after like a week, lol.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I had a close loop set up with a reactor,uv, and heater with a mag 5 an ran a
eheim 2080 pro 2 on the other end of the tank, so you get extra flow with out over loading your filter.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll get you some tomorrow when I clean my can. Mine is almost all custom PVC with an inline heater and a bypass. I tossed those hoses after like a week, lol.
It's greatly appreciated! I put a light in my stand last night and when I turned it on, one of my siamese algae eaters was in there. I honestly have no idea how he got in there but caused me to clean mine. haha

I had a close loop set up with a reactor,uv, and heater with a mag 5 an ran a
eheim 2080 pro 2 on the other end of the tank, so you get extra flow with out over loading your filter.
Do you have any pics of the setup?

Inline heater.

Need to trim the output and the cords are messier than normal....
Looks clean. Ever have any problems with leaking? I know everything is different but I'm worried to put my uv sterilizer sideways in case it starts to leak ever.

·
Registered
117 Posts

theres a nice one of my setup

it was run like this for months after hooking up a heater and not trimming the hoses with no problems...

here is another temporary setup that was run for over a month with no problem..

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ya i know...but the only plugs that could drip all have a drip loop in them to prevent that...already had one electral fire with a fish tank...dont need another! Haha...but thnx for the suggestion..all my cords are just tangled but safeish..just need a deticated power supply..

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
There is a reason you had an electrical fire, i see another one happening in the near future
within the photo you posted above.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
There is a reason you had an electrical fire, i see another one happening in the near future
within the photo you posted above.
Thanks a lot...but no thats not the reason at all that i had an electral fire..i had a short or something in my marineland filter and the filter itself caught on fire and cracked my tank..id link you to the thread but moderator closed it for me saying one thing about the company, which wasnt really bad at all, oh well...so ya not my fault, thank you very much! Haha..but nah my stuff is good, just tangled cords..i untangle them every once and a while..

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It's greatly appreciated! I put a light in my stand last night and when I turned it on, one of my siamese algae eaters was in there. I honestly have no idea how he got in there but caused me to clean mine. haha

Do you have any pics of the setup?

Looks clean. Ever have any problems with leaking? I know everything is different but I'm worried to put my uv sterilizer sideways in case it starts to leak ever.
What about sideways makes you suspect it would have any more problems with leaking than any other direction?

The "danger" is that air could collect in the chamber and cause the heater to burn up or the light to burn up. but I'm not worried about that. If it happens other catastrophic events have happened that make it null.

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,543 Posts
ya i know...but the only plugs that could drip all have a drip loop in them to prevent that...already had one electral fire with a fish tank...dont need another! Haha...but thnx for the suggestion..all my cords are just tangled but safeish..just need a deticated power supply..
Sorry, but if you have a leak in that canister at any point your powerstrip is going to get soaked. The way you are setup now is not "safeish." It is dangerous and lazy.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sorry, but if you have a leak in that canister at any point your powerstrip is going to get soaked. The way you are setup now is not "safeish." It is dangerous and lazy.
Lazy, no, you really have no clue about me, so its all good..but really plz cry me a river :icon_cry:...my power strip's are not just on the floor they are propped up with something underneath them so in case my floor floods then I should be good(fire is not my friend), might want to move my canister on the other side though, didn't think about all that as I just got one..but I do appreciate all the concern, I am sorry I ever posted that pic in the first place..I don't want/need any drama and what have you..the simple fact of the matter is I have been keeping fish for nearly a decade now with little to no issues..I have seen far worse than I do, no doubt. just think "Christmas Story" hehe..but thats not me. :D

But Sorry dude to keep posting on your thread, not my intentions..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haha..but nah my stuff is good, just tangled cords..i untangle them every once and a while..
I can't see with certainty from the photos, but it looks like there are multiple non-waterproof power strips that are facing upwards under that tank. Water can get in those several different ways from multiple sources, even with nothing plugged into them.

Edit: Just saw the newer posts that were posted while I was writing this one. I don't mean to beat a dead horse or preach. Just trying to be helpful, as the others probably are also.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts