The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a aquariumplants.com regulator from someone on Ebay this week. Always a gamble. But there is no inlet nipple and it looks like the low pressure gauge might be blown.

I ordered a nipple before I found out that the Cornelius takes a left hand threaded nipple. Now I need to find a left hand threaded nipple. Anyone have one or know the best place to get one?

The low pressure gauge should be easier to find. Right now the needle rests at close to 3 psi instead of 0. Anyone know if it will still work as it is? I haven't been able to test it yet because I don't have a nipple.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
As far as the gauge, look on Homebrew equipment sites. They often have guages for $10.00. Keep in mind thread direction, for some reason you can get gauges left handed or right handed thread. I can understand left hand on input threading but gauges? I would probably just see if the gauge works. If its off by a few PSI, who cares. Order a gauge whenever you order something else. Nipples and other fittings, send an email to sumoregulator or Oregan Aqua Design.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Cornelius, the high pressure holes, the input and high pressure gauge, are both left hand threads. The low pressure holes, the out put and low pressure gauge, are right hand threads.

I didn't think of Oregon Aqua Design. Jeremy an I both live here in Portland. He doesn't have nipples, but I be he knows where to get them at the best price. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts