The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
DO NOT get the reg you posted. I bought it about 7 months ago and within 2wks it failed. Personally, I would get a standard regulator that can be used with an adapter. That way if you move up to a larger tank, you're all set with your regulator instead of having to buy another.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a reg very similar to the one you posted from ThatPetPlace. The body it all stainless though. It works fine and has been for several months. The only problem is that the needle valve is not great.

I use a controller on it so as long as CO2 is flowing, I'm not overly concerned with bubble count.

The GLA one is probably the best and double the price. I'll be getting mine within a few weeks so I'll be able to compare. I'm sure I'll see how good the GLA one is.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Hmm thats odd. I have that exact same regulator and its been working fine for over a year now.
I was going to say the same thing, had mine for over a year, and it works perfect

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a feeling that I will just get a standard regulator with an adapter.
With all the choices available, anyone know of a reliable regulator with a post body for less than $75?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've got something that I think you'll like.

It's used but in excellent working condition complete with:

- 20oz CO2 tank with on/off valve (hydrostat tested date good for another 4 years)

- Regulator

- Bubble counter

- Check valve

- Diffuser

A complete set that's READY TO GO. All you'll need is to fill the CO2 tank!

Once I get home, I'll PM you a picture of the complete setup.

·
Registered
One Small All in one
284 Posts
we have a reg up as an RAOK you would just need to get the adapter to fit it on a paintball tank but I was using it on a paintball setup and worked great!!! come over and tell us a joke and maybe you will win it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.