The Planted Tank Forum banner

Looking For Long Tank Tools

1007 5
I have been on the hunt for a while for tools that are long enough for some of my deeper aquariums. Most of my tools are from 10" - 12" long. I do have a 20" telescoping shrimp net which has been a huge help, and a 2-piece telescoping multi-tool (net, algae brush, scraper, etc.) what I am lacking and in search of is a set of long tweezers and scissors. Currently my longest set of tweezers and scissors are only 10" - 12" long which is not long enough.

I was in the LFS the other day and came across a set that would help me out by MARINA. It looks promising for about $20 but I am wondering who else makes a similar set?? This would give me my tweezers and scissors but I am not a huge fan of the plastic tweezer design or the thick-edged scissor design but is certainly better than nothing...I just feel I can not be as precise with something like this.

I procrastinate changes that bother me due to getting my arm elbow wet, I walk by my tank all the time and see little things that bother me...make a list all week long until maintenance day then make my changes/pruning once a week. I would happily make the changes I feel necessary as soon as I see them while passing a tank if I had long enough tools as not to need to go wash my hands.

Suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like to use both of these from harbor freight, of all places:

10-1/2 in. Jumbo Curved Clamp Pliers
12" Locking Clamp

however, I just realized that they are the same length as your longer tweezers, so that's really no help. lol. With 22" and 24" tall tanks I have pretty much just come to terms with the idea of a wet arm, and keep a roll of paper towels in the stand. :)

There do appear to be some extra long tweezers available on amazon....around 18". So that might be a start!
https://www.amazon.com/Tweezers-Meg...493748905&sr=8-8&keywords=extra+long+tweezers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at the LFS again today eyeballing this tool, did an online search in the parking lot it was the same price so I can not beat it. Went back inside thought about it again. Bought it for $20 even though its worth $5 in actual value maybe $10 with profit.

BEST $20 EVER SPENT

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are some tools I find extremely helpful for any deep/tall tank, these are on top of my normal tweezers, tongs, scissors, etc. I have a telescoping triangular net for catching RCS, a grab-action multi tool with two attachments (cutters and tweezers), and a wand-style multi tool with many attachments. I only use the V-fingers and rake in this tank for packing down Java Moss, but it also includes a glass scraper, algae pad, and large net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.